Pages

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Daydreams

What do you daydream about?  I confess, I'm a daydreamer.

Since I had a mama/daughter date and spent time with Dara yesterday evening, I didn't take an afternoon or evening nap, so I slept during the night.  Got up around 4 a.m., came in here and sat on the couch and crocheted for about 4 hours.  Dead silence, dog curled up beside me, nothing but me, my crochet, and my thoughts.

And I dreamed about having my own fiber shop and all the activities I'd have going.

Of course, reality always rears its proverbial ugly head ... it's this town.  I'd probably be doing all the activities all by myself and *forget* making an actual living at it.  It's a good dream though, having a fiber shop, having classes, having meet-ups, stocking stuff the big-box stores have no clue about.  Knit, crochet, spin, weave.  Downtown near all the coffee shops and museums.  

Daydreams never last though.  Back to the real word and real job that is just nowhere near as fun as hooks and yarn.  Ah well, back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment